An ideal customer profile is vital when it comes to building a successful business.
The first step is to find a niche where you can be your unique, talented self.
By that I mean you offer products and services that are aligned with your personality, values, skills, strengths, passion and purpose.
In order to do this, you need to choose something that:
- You feel passionate about
- You feel in alignment with
- You want to spend your time doing
How Do You Find Your Ideal Customer?
How do you find your ideal customer? There’s no easy answer to this. It does take time to figure out who you want to work with.
In order to figure out who your ideal customer is, you first need to identify your passions, skills and strengths.
Your Passions, Skills and Strengths
- What do you enjoy doing?
- What do people ask you to help them with?
- What do people praise you for?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your skills?
- What do you feel passionate about?
Are there certain kinds of people that you really enjoy giving value to, the kinds of people that ask you questions about something that you’re good at? And you love it, when they become interested in what you have to say.
I recommend you write your answers in a notebook or type them into a document on your computer.
Next, you need to identify your ideal customer’s problems or urgent pain.
Your Customer’s Problem
- What is your customer’s problem?
- What keeps them awake at night?
- What do they secretly fear?
- Does your ideal customer have an urgent problem?
- Is there something that they’re feeling everyday, that’s keeping them awake at night? Maybe they’re up at night worrying about their relationship, their health or their financial problems.
Write your answers in your notebook and then go back to “Your Passions, Skills and Strengths” exercise and circle the ideas that you believe customers would want to pay for. Then circle ideas from “Your Ideal Customer’s Problems” that you want to provide a solution for.
The Three Elements of a Profitable Business Idea
- Do what you love, feel passionate about and enjoy doing
- Do what you are good at and focus on your strengths
- Provide the solution for an urgent problem that your ideal customer is having
When you understand your ideal customer by providing a service or product that solves their problem, your customers will rave about you, your business will grow and you will make more money.
Your solution is your profitable business idea. This convergence of customer problem and your solution is referred to as the “sweet spot.”
Creating an ideal customer profile is essential for a successful business.
When you understand your ideal customer and the problems they need solutions for, you can create products and services to solve their problems.
How Do You Attract Your Ideal Customer?
The best way to attract your ideal customer is by creating a website. Your ideal customer wants great information that solves their biggest problem.
By creating a site that offers them free information and valuable solutions, you start to show up in the search engines like Google.
The Internet allows you to automatically attract customers who buy content from your site any time of the day or night, 24/7.
Have you developed your ideal customer profile? I’d love to hear from you.
You can email me at email@example.com
Like and comment on my Facebook page at: facebook.com/maureenpprice
Follow me on Twitter at @maureenp_p